CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, January 5, 2008

Put some leaves on it!

Wow! I know it's been forever since I've blogged. I cannot hardly believe we are already in 2008. This last year has flown by so fast....seriously, I guess that's a part of getting old. It all starts to go too fast! This last year has been one of many first, blessings, and trials. In a way I am excited to be able to start new in 2008.
An update on a few things.....
December 1st Jake and I celebrated our third anniversary. Even after three years, this guy gives me butterflies when I look at him and we're still in love.... I can't believe he hasn't gotten sick of me yet. Jake was wonderful for our anniversary and surprised me the week before. I have never ever been to a concert in my life and I have always wanted to go. He made me take the day off work and surprised me... drove me down to Provo to see Evanescence, one of my favorite bands. We were in the standing crowd about five or six feet from the front of the stage. What was awesome is with one of the opening bands (Julien K, formerly Orgy) I caught a drumstrick the drummer threw into the crowd. I totally didn't know what to wear so I tried to be as goth and scary as a white girl could get...

Then Jake booked us a suite at the Armstrong Mansion in Salt Lake for the night. I know... he doesn't come off as a romantic but he totally is my teddy bear!! It was beautiful and so much fun.

December was a wonderful month. I love this time of year, as I'm sure most everybody does. Life has been so hectic and stressful that I really made an effort to focus on the important things in life... I get so wrapped up in my job and my house and the selfish things... this year I really tried to make Christmas mean more. To focus on what the Savior has done for me, and for my family, and for my calling, and for the best husband that I have forever! For the most part it worked. We were blessed to be able to spend time with both sides of the family. And we win the prize for having the craziest families, I promise!! We were able to go down to Temple Square with the Heatons and Larsens, which I haven't done for several years. So beautiful!!

It has also been a time of a little trial. Life has been a little struggle ever since my accident four years ago but I've tried so hard to move past it, but my body doesn't seem to want to do the same. For years it seems every part of me on the inside has been slowly falling apart. A few months ago I was diagnosed with some new things, hypderthyroidism and possibly problematic kidneys, which I thought explained many of the hospitalizations and symptoms of things that I've had over the past two years. It didn't sound like that big of a deal at all. It has ended up becoming pretty serious - my heart was starting to have irregular rhythyms and I wasn't responding to the medications for the thyroid. I was given the choice of surgery or radiation. I elected for radiation... I mean, I think it will be pretty cool to be radioactive for a few days so I can have superpowers (I might turn into the HULK). It comes with certain prices - we won't be able to start a family for another year.... But after much prayer and debating I know that this probably is a blessing to go through this - it's another thing that is going to teach me patience, which I'm in so much need of. I get my first treatment next week.... I am just excited because I think after this is taken care of I can finally start to be healthy again. And skinny!!

So I am excited for this new year - I have so many resolutions and goals and plans for more happiness.... I just hope it lasts!!! :)

9 comments:

JO said...

you are such a strong girl. I am sorry to hear that you have been through so much lately. It seems like we have been tried with one thing after another since we moved here. Trials are a blessing, we have had some rough times but through all of it we just keep growing! How fun that your hubby surprised you :) I am glad you found a keeper:)

Emily said...

Evy Jean! It's great to have you back on the blog scene again! I'm sorry it's been such a rough year, you are such a tough mama. Let me know if you get those super powers :) Let me know if you guys need anything, I wish you the best.

Julie M. said...

Oh Ev! I'm so sorry! I admire your strength and positive outlook! I can't believe how much you've had to go through. And kudos to Jake for treating you so well!! He sure loves you and you definitely deserve it!

The Wettstein Family said...

Only you can make me laugh and cry at the same time. "Laughter through tears is my favorite emotion"! --name that movie!
I'm sorry we couldn't play more. I miss my Ev so much! I'll be in Bountiful until Thursday, but I'm carless. You have to keep me updated on everything!! I want to know the day you get radiation and how you feel, and EVERYTHING!!!
You and Jake are going to have cute babies with dimples and they will be so worth the wait! Love you!

The Wettstein Family said...

By the way... Way to go Jake!! wink wink nudge nudge!

Jackie said...

You are super woman! I can't believe what you've had to go through and what is still ahead. But those little babies will be worth waiting for, and Heavenly Father knows what is best for you right now, and it sounds like this is it. Let us know how it goes. And your anniversary sounded wonderful, what a great husband you have!

Becca Lund said...

Maybe if I hang out with you after you get your radiation it will get rid of my tumor!

FWIL Sentimental Blog Content said...

Hey Ev! I finally jumped on the blogspot train- we're gregandcamille.blogspot.com. I love what an amazing example you always are about having a great attitude! I really hope everything goes great for you and your body begins to heal.

M and M said...

Hey, we just found your blog and wanted to say hi! You are such an amazing woman and we admire your strength. Good luck with all that is happening right now in your life.

Mark and Mindee Taylor