CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, January 13, 2008

Glow in the Dark!!

I am officially radioactive. Yeah, I'm freaky. And I totally hate it!!
I am literally sitting here at midnight, in my special bathrobe, with my special leopard slippers, with rubber gloves so I don't contaminate the computer. I have sat on special sheets on the couch since Friday and I tell you, I'm especially more than a little bit bored!! I guess being radioactive has some perks - when Jake pisses me off, I chase him with my freaky radioactive neck. :)
Really, it has been a long week. I got my first radioactive Iodine treatment Friday. Before that I was in the hospital for about a weeks worth of tests. I set a hospital record (I seriously feel it is such a great accomplishment!) for the most over-active thyroid they have seen. Yeah, I'm freaky.
Friday was the big, freaky day. They made me go into the middle of a sterile room with all those yellow scary signs that you see on monster cartoons. The radiation was in the form of liquid iodine that I had to drink out of a straw through a big lead cup. It is so funny because they were so worried about touching it, and I had to pay like a thousand dollars for a special transport vehicle to bring the stuff to the hospital, but yet they make me put it in my mouth.... Something's wrong with that!!
I have felt a bad sore throat and like I have the flu but it's totally not bad and I think I've seen worse....
So no glow-in-the-dark pictures today. Although, I did have a re-match with cake-baking and some pictures are soon to come!!!! Freaky.

6 comments:

Jackie said...

That is crazy! I hope that it helps. You have such a positive attitude! I need to see pictures!

Emily said...

I'm looking forward to seeing some pictures of your radio active self. Seriously, I hope everything is going alright for ya. That stuff sounds pretty scary.

*C said...

Oh Ev! You're so strong! That sounds like pretty scary stuff. I hope it all goes well for you. If you need anything please let me know what I can do to help!! I love ya, radio active, glow-in-the-dark and all!!

The Wettstein Family said...

I was wondering what that green glow coming from the western horizon was all about. Turns out it was you, my sweet, precious Ev! I wish I could make you pudding. Call me if your bored. I don't think you can contaminate me from this far away!

kate said...

Omigoodness, omigoodnes!! I have to agree with the positive attitude comment, you are so incredible, I think I would be dying of anxiety!

Julie M. said...

You ARE amazing. I can't think of very many of your "normal" daily activities that I can even say I've ever thought about happening to me. Keep us posted, and I hope it fixes the prob!