CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Reasons to Smile

I might be alone in this, but lately I've been having a lot of days where I don't want to get out of bed. Days where I want to lay around in my bright pink sweatpants, (or maybe my spandex tights and legwarmers), watch the Price is Right, leave potato chips all over my belly, and pretend to scratch. I usually resist these urges as much as I can, seeing as how I probably would get fired really fast if I showed up in pink-potato-chip-covered pants, but some days it's hard to smile. I think it's the January blues. So I thought I would remind myself of the many reasons I have to smile today, because I need this.
Reason #1 - I am becoming the all-time cake conqueror. This means I can now bake them without them falling apart. I made this for Jake's birthday ...TA DA!

Reason #2 - Boys. I've pretty much loved boys my whole life. With six sisters, you sometimes can get tired of girls really fast. (But I LOVE YOU ALL). I never thought I could get a boy to stand to be around me all day, let alone forever..... but I guess I did. And a cute one! (I was very sneaky... I underestimate my own sneakiness). He also came in a package deal where I now have several bro-in-laws. My sisters also tricked some other boys into submission. Now instead of discussions revolving around hairspray and bra padding, we get to listen to things about werewolves, cars, burping and scratching (besides the normal Becca gassiness) and BOY talk. I LOVE BOYS!!! Christmas we spent with Jake's family, and with three boys together, I decided that boys are still something that make me smile. Trick for funniest thing ever: watch Mamma Mia and have boys make up their own dialogue.

Reason #3 - Crazy sisters who like to talk about Satan and bite each other. See below. Yes, I think we grew up next to a power plant. Or maybe drugs.
Reason #7. (It's not in order, but I like the number 7 the best.) Rubber Mallets. You can never guess what I got Jake..... yeah, it's a mallet. It hurts when you hit your head with it. I tried several times and it hurt several times.
Best reason ever to smile: Jake, and pigs.


Yeah, today should be bright and shiny. Smile.

10 comments:

Kim said...

Too cute! I can't bake a cake unless it comes from a mix and still I only cook in a 9x13 because that is the only way it doesn't fall.

Jacque said...

You are so funny! I agree that January can bring some heavey blues! I myself needed that smile!

Miss Heather said...

I feel exactly the same... and since I have no job, I stay in bed in my PJ's a lot... AAHH!!

Also, the Honey Smacks/pee thing TOTALLY WORKS. Your pee will smell like Honey Smacks. :)

Laura said...

Ev, you are too funny. Keep smiling though, those are great reasons! I like your biting sisters too. :0)

FWIL Sentimental Blog Content said...

You know where I live right? I enjoyed 78 degrees as my high today. There is an extra room with a bed in my basement pad, and flights are ALWAYS cheap to Phoenix. Just a few details for you to consider....

Mandy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mandy said...

That was me that deleted the comment, not some psycho blog stalker! I'm glad you're smiling even though you are far from freezing happy valley and dysfunctional families wanting you to solve their problems. You know, the fun never ends here! :) Did you sell your house? Are you coming down for a lunch visit any time soon?

The Wettstein Family said...

I have a cure for January blues... ME!!!
Thanks for making me smile!

JO said...

you are too funny, your posts always make me laugh. I think it is fun you and your sisters get along so well. You and Jake seem like you were made for each other :)

Anonymous said...

I LOVE YOU!!!

thank you for making me smile. as always.

and we didn't need to grow up next to a power plant - we had YOU in the family....

ah ha ha