CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, August 14, 2009

Bed Rest

I will forewarn you, this will not be a clever post. Not a happy, witty one, or an intellectual insightful one, it will be booby. (That means sad. I once bore my testimony about how I boob. I meant cry. That was embarrassing....)
We had a doctor's check up yesterday. I was 1000% expecting a good report. I have been feeling so much better and little Chuck is still round-house kicking his way all around. I have had some contractions but I didn't think anything to worry about.
So without giving you the gory details, the doctor checked all up my basement and we found another problem. HENCE: Bed rest. Bed rest with bathroom privileges.
Woah.
I don't think I'm so much as upset with the bed rest as I am with the thought that our little ninja might be affected. I am so worried about him. The doctor says that if it continues down this path, by next week we will be giving him shots for his lungs to prepare him to breathe for his early arrival.
I want him to cook for 10 more weeks. (I'm at 30). I am not ready for this. HE is not ready for this. I asked if we could just use a cork or duct tape or something to keep him in there but I guess that won't work. They also said I am measuring a week small so he might be even less prepared than I hoped. So much for my theory of an 80 pound dinosaur.
So, bed rest sucks. Not so much a vacation. But I am willing to do whatever I can for my boy. I want more than anything a healthy baby - the rest is inconsequential.
So every day he stays cooking will be a blessing. Every day, hopefully every week, and hopefully even a month or two....and hopefully he could even be late and I wont' even complain if he is 70 pounds and has a full beard. I really won't.
So I am sitting here, bra-less, trying not to boob, but boobing anyway, just worried. If anybody has any good hobbies to do while I work on my bum fat, let me know....

13 comments:

Jackie said...

It sounds like you are going to be watching a lot of movies, reading a ton of books & crocheting beyond your wildest dreams. Oh Ev, I hope that everything goes okay with your little man. I'll keep you in my prayers. I would love to stop by sometime if you want a visitor. Will you email me your address? jackieleishman at yahoo dot com

Lifes Great Adventures said...

I am so sorry, I hope goes well! Pregnancy is such a great thing, but scary at that same time. I was paranoid the whole time I was pregnant because of past issues. I wish you guys the best and look forward to reading on here that you have a happy healthy little boy in your arms, & that you are expressing how frustrated you are that he decided to wait and cook so long in you, but glad he arrived safe & sound:)

Lifes Great Adventures said...

Sorry the Lifes Great Adventures is Destiny. Our blog is private but if you would like to look while on bed rest I would love to send you an invite.
spackmansrock@msn.com
Destiny

Browning Buzz said...

Wishing you the best - that everything turns out okay and that your little man stays inside for 2 more months. Bed rest would be tough! Hang in there!

kate said...

I am so sorry Ev. I don't know what I would do if stuck in bed.. at least you have access to your computer!

So is the baby's name Charles?

Alison said...

what a little stinker. You tell him I say he better stay in or else.... You know what I am capable of. j/k Let me know if you need some visitors. Good luck! We will be pray for you.

Catherine said...

Oh Ev, I'm sorry you're having such a hard time, I hope you rest well enough to keep him in there a couple more weeks!

Kirsten said...

We're praying for the best for you and your little family.

The Wettstein Family said...

Ahhhh, put your feet up, eat some pudding, and watch as much TV as you can. Enjoy this time when you have an excuse to do NOTHING. Ah, I wish I had a chance to do nothing.
Everything will be fine. I'm praying for you, and MY prayers get answered. You are proof of that.
Love you!

Ari Anna Johnson said...

Well, you already know about my fun bed rest times but CALL me if you need another boobs shoulder to cry on! I have lots of stuff I can recommend. Hang in there!

Queen of Kings said...

Evelyn,
My heart is racing for you! What can we do for you? I have been where you are and it is not fun other than I didn't have bathroom privledges and I had to stay in the hopsital none the less bed rest is aweful! We will be praying for you please let us know if there is ANYTHING we can do... and it's OK to BOOB ha ha!

kurtandvickysleemanfam said...

get as much rest as you can, because when that little man gets here, you know he's gonna be hungry and up all the time! everything will be alright, and hey, perfect position for a foot rub... huh?...;-) you and your fam are in our prayers!!

Kim said...

You are such a trooper! I can't even imagine the boredom. But baby Chuck will thank you someday. I will keep you in my thoughts.