CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Killer Boogers, and Happiness

We have had a good couple of past weeks. I have spent the last five or so years of life in a constant state of stress. Seriously. Basketcase stress. Enough already. My life is now dedicated to happiness.
It does help with stress levels that even though I am on a wicked mad job hunt, I get to wear pj's all day and am learning to knit. Evelyn, the fearless rockstar, knitting? Yes, I'm HARDCORE, YO!!! Knitting brings happiness, I tell you. ...OK, I really need a job...

One more thing that brings me happiness: the Neti Pot. For a few weeks now, my husband (who will be totally mad at me telling this story but this is what he gets for never reading my blog) has been complaining of severe pain in his nose. He keeps thinking it is some sinus infection but I think it is either a tumor or a killer booger. Maybe it's the little man my mom told me about that bites your finger when you pick your nose. Anyways, Jake keeps whining about it and we have tried everything to get rid of it. Since our health insurance doesn't kick in until June 1st, we are all about home remedies. I followed Oprah's advice and got him the Neti Pot. Worth the eight dollars and MUCH MUCH more for the sheer entertainment value of watching him pour water up one nostril and it come out the other.

9 comments:

kate said...

Ha ha!! I guess thats what he gets.. maybe he'll start reading more often!

Alison said...

So did it work? :) He has to realize that if he had his picture taken the odds are it will end up on your blog, it's as good as releasing all privacy rights. Let's all have a moment of silence for the drowning of the "little man".

The Wettstein Family said...

Neti pots only go so far. If you really want to get that boogar out, go for the Neilmed Sinus Rinse. That thing is like a power sprayer for the sinuses. You can find it at Walgreens. Happy spraying.
How about spending some of your bum time with me, eh?

C.B. said...

I'm hoping for a little man to come out. Please let it be a little man in there!

Kassie said...

If you get confused with your knitting. I can help you. I also have a book of baby patterns if you'd like to borrow it.

Mandy said...

Gross!
Good luck on the job hunt. You should find something easy...no stress....somewhere you love to shop so you get awesome discounts! :) Good luck...hope you find something soon, but enjoy the time in your PJ's. I'm jealous!

The Wettstein Family said...

Okay, so the little man in Jake's nose has set up permanent residence in Matt's nose. Matt keeps saying there's something up there, and even though I assure him it's just his finger, he keeps digging. SICK!! UGH!!! Gross!!! It's been really painful for him, too.

Becca Lund said...

you already have a job -- you are supposed to call me for an hour every day and listen to me complain. So what that it doesn't pay.

Katie said...

I totally agree that the Neilmed Sinus Rinse is so much better :) I had to have a minor sinus surgery and my ENT told me to use that stuff before and after. Don't worry, I wrote a whole blog post about it too :)