CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Brain, how I MISS YOU

Ok, so I always have to start off most posts with ravings of my awesome little man. Because that's what makes me happy, and that's what I want to blog about......
My amazing sister Becca happens to hold the world record of neck circumference, but is also amazingly beautiful and talented. (Check out her blog... rdlphoto.blogspot.com. AMAZING)


His 6 month stats:
Weight: 18 pounds. He hasn't hardly gained any in 2 months. That's because he has a diagnosed case of the wiggles, the shakies, the oober-hyperactive-shake-what-your-mama-gave you squirmies. This kid is a mover. He is SO close to crawling that it scares me. I love that he sits, but it's not good enough for him. He wants to MOVE. He spends all day rolling around the house and scooting on his belly and bum, and I keep finding him stuck in corners. Oh, geez.
Height: 29.5 inches. Off the charts. Gonna be a baller.
Head: too big to count. Measuring tapes don't get that big.
He is NOT an eater. We have been trying to go through all the fruits and veggies and he pretty much only eats carrots, peaches, and apples. He LOVES to giggle and has a the cutest darned belly laugh I've ever heard. He still mellow, and always happy, but SO curious. He loves people and part of the reason he will never eat is that he hates to sit still for the few minutes it takes. He would much rather flirt. Oh, yeah, that's right... I'm already getting ready for when this dude is a teenager. Women of the world, crawl under your beds, because Mama Ev will be ON.

He also is 100% his dad. Yeah, he has some hope. He thinks he is a bad-a but underneath is all gooshy.
Priceless face, eh??!! I LOVE IT!!! And I love that the little blondey has grown the five hairs necessary for a fo-hawk.

I, on the not-so-cute hand, also have a diagnosed medical condition. Mom-brain. Can't remember if I already posted about this or not, because I don't remember anything.
I showed up early to a birthday party ---- 2 days early.
I shaved the back of my husband's head completely bald. He has one sad, lone strip of baldness ... reverse mohawk. No joke.
I wore my pants backwards to the grocery store.
I tried to get ready for church on a Friday morning.

It's not a joke. I've lost it. Ah, oh well. Backwards pants might be the NEW thing.

7 comments:

Alison said...

Cute boys!
You aren't alone sweetie! Welcome to the brainless mom club:) I love the backwards pants. did they have a zipper? Because that would make i even funnier.

Alison said...

Cute boys!
You aren't alone sweetie! Welcome to the brainless mom club:) I love the backwards pants. did they have a zipper? Because that would make i even funnier.

Jackie said...

I wish that my rear end was small enough for me to attempt to wear my pants backwards. Then we could start a fad together. I loved your list of mom-brainage, it makes me feel like I'm not so alone in my craziness that is mom-brain.

I would call you, but I don't have your #. I'm still waiting for you to come & play with us. Call me.

JO said...

your posts always make me laugh :) you are too funny. I am glad to hear you are enjoying your cute baby so much. Isn't being a mommy the best thing ever? Love the pictures. Becca did a great job. miss you guys....I wish we could hang out and have play dates

The Wettstein Family said...

That pic of Jake and Carter is worth millions!! Just so you know, being a stay-at-home mom makes all the days run together. I never know the date, and it's rare when I remember what day it is. Like all day today, I thought it was Thursday, and I was so looking forward to watching The Office tonight. Hmmm. I guess I'll wait until tomorrow... I think. What's really weird though are the psychedelic dreams you have as a mom. They are so real, you get confused as to whether or not they really happened. Are you sure you wore your pants backwards to the store? It could've just been a nightmare.

Catherine said...

Those are some adorable pictures!!!!! I love your mom-brain stories, I can't wait to share mine someday!

Kirsten said...

hi evelyn we are in town and would love to come see your pants on backwards :). I've never done the backwards pants, but shirt backwards, inside out, you name, its been done. Kids will do that to you, at least that is what I keep telling myself.
I don't have your email. Drop me a line at
KirstenRClayton@gmail.com