CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, March 9, 2010

I love my Barbie arm

So I have to be honest. I've had work done. I'm not all natural. I've been under the knife.
Yeah, I'm a multi-thousand dollar woman. I'm half titanium.

I remember one of the first things I remember after coming into consciousness out of the ICU after my accident was my bishop visiting. While under the heavy influence of morphine, I told him I was in the hospital for a boob job. I even made hand motions depicting boobs. My mom has never turned so red, or so I'm told.

So maybe being metal isn't as cool as a boob job, but it's not so bad. I've always felt I'm a little different, and now I have the X-Rays to prove it.
My right arm no longer straightens. It has since been labeled the Barbie arm... I spent a few years being so ashamed of it I couldn't wear short sleeved shirts. Now, I love it. It's a miracle arm - the nerve damage sustained was so severe, it was paralyzed for several months. One day... it just worked again, and has been working ever since.
Until recently, when a screw decided to come so loose that I can hang coats on it. I tried to ignore it for a few months, but it has gotten so bad I hear it jiggling. So next week I get to literally have a screw come out. And I'm FREAKING out. This is the fifth surgery the accident has caused me, and I keep having those nightmares that I'm like those patients on Grey's Anatomy that die on the table before the surgery even starts.
I'm scared. Skeered, as the homies put it. I don't want next week to come! I know I'm being a big baby... but it's so creepy that I get a screwdriver to the arm...

And because every post has to include some news of my baby awesome ninja, here you go.
He had his 4 month check up two weeks ago. He is 28" long. He's a giant - off the charts. His weight was 16 pounds, which is only in the 70th percentile. The doctor said he was long and skinny.
DOES THIS LOOK SKINNY TO YOU??!!

He has also started to eat rice cereal. Well.... smear it up his nose and ears and eyes is more like it, because he can't figure out a spoon.. .but still, I can't believe he's this old.
He has also been doing such cute things. He has figured out how to roll BOTH ways, and all day long rolls around the room and under furniture. He grabs everything he can find and puts it in his mouth. He makes monkey faces and spit bubbles and giggles non-stop.
I LOVE MY LITTLE MAN. And his million little faces.
I've gotta get the Barbie arm fixed so as to better snuggle this little ball of awesome cuteness. Sigh.

12 comments:

Julie M. said...

Sorry about losing your screw. Not fun!! And HOLY COW! Carter is long! He's such a cutie!

Kim said...

Ok I seriously need to see a picture of this loose screw. I am very curious. And man oh man is baby awesome, awesome. I just love bald babies.

Alison said...

love the pictures. good luck getting your loose screw fixed.

The Wettstein Family said...

Now you have two screws loose! AH ha ha ha!!! I kill myself! No, I'm sorry you have to go through surgery again. If you want I can bring you a pink boa to cheer you up. Love you! Good luck, and let me know how I can help!

JO said...

I am sorry you've had to go through so many yucky surgeries, but just look at how strong you are and how you have managed to make it through each one! Baby Carter is so cute. The cereal stage is pretty funny. I love seeing how they react to a spoon for the first time

Kirsten said...

Good luck with your surgery. Your little guy is too cute!

Laura said...

Good luck! I am a chicken too, don't worry. I hate medical procedures of any kind. But your little cutie is so stinkin' CUTE! What a lucky momma, and an even luckier little ninja.

Miss Heather said...

At least you don't have a screw loose in your brain!! :) I'm sure everything will be great. I LOVE YOU! Don't worry too much... it's all going to turn out amazing, I just know it. Love you!

Catherine said...

His chubby little cheeks are so cute! I wouldn't really call him skinny. I love that you put up a pic of you with him!
That really sucks that you have to have another surgery, I can't imagine a screw sticking out of my arm *shudder*. I'm sure everything will be fine, I'm sorry you're freaking out.

Mandy said...

Having a screw loose isn't all bad...right?? It'll be fine! You've done it so often it'll be a piece of cake!
Carter is getting so big! I want Gentry to stay this tiny forever. I love it....but I must say, it's so cute when they interact more with you! Keep posting those cute pictures, and make Jake take a few of the surgery! :O

FWIL Sentimental Blog Content said...

He's so freakin' cute by the way! I'm not just saying that cause I'm your friend, your baby is cute and you look amazing screw or no screw!

Amanda Petersen said...

Oh my gosh- sorry, I totally just commented on beccas blog then jumped over to yours because I remember all our babes being close in age...

Anyhoo, I have to say that i have not laughed so hard in like a year. It could be sleep deprivation, but the story of telling the bishop you were in The icu for a boob job?? My eyes are full of tears from laughing. Mike even started snorting he was laughing so hard. That's awesome. Thanks for providing such a delightfully hilarious evening read:)